Monday, March 20, 2006

Do you know what you believe?

What do you believe? Do you believe in God? In sin? In heaven? In Marxism? In the flying spaghetti monster?

What do you believe? Do you have anything in your life worth living for? Worth dying for? Is it something you share with others? Or is it more personal?

After 'dr life' revealed himself to be a faker, I actually sighed in relief (and then became peeved that he was so wretchedly nasty during his reveal). It horrified me to think that people professing Christianity could be so full of hate, and I was honestly glad to know he was faking the whole thing.

I never met a soul in real life who believed the garbage strewn about on the Machinery of Death blog and could not begin to imagine how someone following the teachings of Christ could adhere to such hatefulness.

My apologies to 'dr life,' because it turns out such people do exist. A small church has recently made the news here in the U.S. Their latest mission is to stage protests at funerals for our fallen soldiers. What are they protesting, do you ask? Is it the war in Iraq? The occupation of Afghanistan? No and no. It is the perceived support of homosexuality by the American military they are protesting. These people call themselves Christian, but there is absolutely no way Christ is leading them in this behavior. No way, no how, no where! I am angry and sickened by this, and I do know what I believe.

An article, in case you are curious: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9102443/

No comments: